- Shoprite* (JSE code: SHP) results. Christo Wiese gets R342m in dividends. 21million consumers using their Xtra Savings and 1.5million downloads of the Sixty60 app.
- The market did not much like the Murray & Roberts* (JSE code: MUR) results.
- Old Mutual updates 2021 GDP forecast to 5.5%. This is after Stats SA released GDP for Q2 QonQ at 1.2% (YonY 19.3%) and better than expected. The economy remains 1.4% below pre-covid levels.
- FSCA fines Viceroy R50million. They won't pay.
- SARB governor Kganyago Lesetja suggests we work towards a 3% inflation target, with a 2-4% tolerance range.
- New infrastructure ETF from Satrix.
* I hold ungeared positions.