- The good news is the US had a green week last week, for the first time in 8 weeks
- Goldfields (JSE code: GFI) is down on news it paying a chunky 33.8% premium to acquire Canadian Yamana Gold in an all-share deal
- We finally got the petrol price increase and the 150c fuel levy reduction remains in force, for now.
- German inflation hits 7.9% for May. Highest since the 1950s. EU inflation for May 8.1%, the highest ever.
- EU agrees on a partial ban on Russian oil imports
- Monthly dividends in a JSE equity portfolio
- Offshore ETFs paying monthly dividends
Demand destruction in commodities
There comes a point at which a commodities price is simply too high and the price itself reduces demand. Depending on the commodity high prices often need to be high for protracted periods of time.