SA Inc watch list.
Building a list of stocks that are cheap, very cheap, and could give good return n the next year or three. Criteria;
- Must be profitable, so positive PE ratio
- Must be cheap, so PE below 8x
- Small as in market cap under R8billion
- No REITs
Using Koyfin I get 46 stocks including REITs and detail them in the podcast. I'll create a watchlist on Google docs and share that link in time.
What about just the mid cap ETF from FNB? FNBMID. Sixty stocks but problem is the top holdings are; Sibanye-Stillwater*, Discovery*, Nedbank, Bidvest and Remgro. That's already ±25% of the ETF and none really for my requirements as above.
- Local crypto exchange, Revix, suspends trade or withdrawals on 24% of client crypto assets as their South Korean partner has issues with a provider.
- Naspers (JSE code: NPN) & Prosus (JSE code: PRX) plan to remove the complex web of cross holdings to a simple structure whereby Naspers owns 47% of Prosus who owns the stake in Tencent (Hong Kong code: 700).
- Good Invicta (JSE code: IVT) results.
- Rand all over the place.
- Brent weak, surely suggesting the global economy is weak. But so far the promised 2023 recession has not arrived, remember the hard vs. soft landing debate of late 2022?
* I hold ungeared positions.