- Metrofile* (JSE code: MFL) results very modest as they reduce dividend for H2 but keep it flat for the year.
- Clover (JSE code: CLR) results were ouch, very ouch. They call it a perfect storm, I call it over priced branded milk.
- Spur (JSE code: SUR) were also very bleak and give us some insights to the Famous Brands* (JSE code: FBR) due at the end of October. Now Famous Brands has a way better business model and management, but expect very tough results from them.
- JPMorgan's Dimon said that Bitcoin 'is a fraud'. Right or wrong the price collapsed again and expect a lot more attacks from 'traditional' financial institutions, attacks that Bitcoin fans will say prices its value as it shakes up the establishment.
- No to tax, yes to fees?
- Up coming events;
* I hold ungeared positions.
Everything is at all time highs
Why does everybody hate highs? If we're an investor highs are a great thing as it means we're richer then before?
I once had a trading system that one of the rules buy new twelve month highs, and it made money.
We get mail
- I was a client of Saambou back in the day, and I’m concerned about possible risks of holding everything through a single financial institution. Would there be any risk associated with putting all my eggs into one basket?
- Just read about Patrice Motsepe's ARC investments going public on the JSE yesterday. The headline on moneyweb says "Patrice Motsepe lists his Berkshire Hathaway". Alarms bells rang off in my head when I saw this. Your thoughts about the company and its potential to be South Africa's Berkshire Hathaway?
- Could u please explain the implications of the STAR spinoff? I currently hold Steinhoff and Shoprite. If I want to hold on to my exposure to PEP, ACKERMANS etc., do I now need to go and buy STAR? Or does Steinhoff still own STAR and thus I can just hold on to my Steinhoff shares?
JSE – The JSE is a registered trademark of the JSE Limited.
JSEDirect is an independent broadcast and is not endorsed or affiliated with, nor has it been authorised, or otherwise approved by JSE Limited. The views expressed in this programme are solely those of the presenter, and do not necessarily reflect the views of JSE Limited.