- Finally moving so at the pointy end of going small. Move date is next Wednesday which is also my recording day, so frankly not sure what the plan is re JSE Direct for next week. Will try make a plan, maybe a rebroadcast.
- PPC (JSE code: PPC), HEPS down 93% at 7c but this is all about the rest of Africa and a possible merger with AfriSam.
- Steinhoff (JSE code: SNH) results not bad, but so many moving parts it's hard to keep up.
- Bond and pref share ETFs for income.
- Upcoming events;
Now for the recession
It was a surprise to most economists but thats moot as the economy and consumer is under severe pressure recession or not. Importantly this was for Q1 2017, so before the shuffle and downgrade. I think this is not going to be short and sharp, it's going to hurt as we have little to counter it.
- Government; cut interest rates, cut tax and increase spending.
- Personal; cut debt and spending.
- Investing; quality offshore bias, be careful of mid & small caps.
- We now really are Brazil.
We Get Mail
- I think Buffett is actually a income investor.
JSE – The JSE is a registered trademark of the JSE Limited.
JSEDirect is an independent broadcast and is not endorsed or affiliated with, nor has it been authorised, or otherwise approved by JSE Limited. The views expressed in this programme are solely those of the presenter, and do not necessarily reflect the views of JSE Limited.