- MTN (JSE code: MTN) really is making a mess of a bad situation and I have sold my holding as I can no longer trust management.
- Capitec (JSE code: CPI) has boomed through R600. Nothing can hold this stock back.
We Get Mail
- My understanding is that SARS will distinguish between amounts invested, on the one hand, and PROFITS MADE as a result of the deposits. Can I therefore withdraw my PROFIT at will, without lowering my lifetime cap? Can I replace my withdrawn profit in the next tax year? If the distinction between PROFIT and deposits are not made, and the withdrawal of ANY amount affects the lifetime limit, then TFSA accounts are only beneficial when the lifetime limit is reached and a single bulk withdrawal is made.
- I have bought some shares of a certain company,the fund has grown and i have made a profit. Please advise if its wise to cash out the profit and leave the original investment intact? Do you think it is wise to re-invest the gain on the same stock again once the price goes lower again?
- I wish to invest in shares and would like get more information in this regard.i wish to contribute a thousand rand monthly.
- Should we as part of our budget keep hard cash at home in a safe? If so how much? If one kept say, R 20 000 in a safe, or any significant amount, one would lose money not invested. In this age of debit cards surely that amount of money is better off in a Capitec savings account earning at least 4,50 percent interest. A family member seriously suggested cash in safe in case of a "run on the banks".
Subscriber to our feed here or sign up for email alerts as a new show goes live or subscribe in iTunes.
JSE – The JSE is a registered trademark of the JSE Limited.
JSEDirect is an independent broadcast and is not endorsed or affiliated with, nor has it been authorised, or otherwise approved by JSE Limited. The views expressed in this programme are solely those of the presenter, and do not necessarily reflect the views of JSE Limited.