Can DIY investing beat the market?
- PPC in real trouble. Management have let the company down by not spending up capex locally, not hedging their USD debt and now they need a massive rights issue. Will they survive?
- Are local markets pricing in a downgrade? Nobody knows either what Standard & Poors will say or what the market is or is not pricing in.
We have a new podcast going live every week, The Fat Wallet Show. In it Just One Lap CEO Kristia van Heerden, picks a topic and asks questions until she gets an answer. She kicked off with structured products.
- Momentum portfolio update for the quarter ending May 2016 is here, life time returns below.
- Momentum portfolio life time returns
We Get Mail
- Now if research shows that the percentage of fund managers that outperform the index over a 1, 3, 5+ year period get smaller and smaller then, what chance do we as retail investors have of: A) outperforming a fund manager (with CFA's, CA's, research teams) when stock picking; and B) outperforming the index?
- Please give details on tax and the trader.
- I have a discretionary share portfolio in which I occasionally sell a share after keeping it for less than 3 years. I never withdraw money out of my account, but will keep it in cash and wait for a buying opportunity. Will I be held liable for income tax or does income tax only apply when an investor withdraw money out of his share account?
- Higgo (via twitter)
- Would you rather sell Discovery (JSE code: DSY) and buy British American Tobacco (JSE code: BTI) or Investec (JSE code: INP/INL)?
JSE – The JSE is a registered trademark of the JSE Limited.
JSEDirect is an independent broadcast and is not endorsed or affiliated with, nor has it been authorised, or otherwise approved by JSE Limited. The views expressed in this programme are solely those of the presenter, and do not necessarily reflect the views of JSE Limited.