Where to invest offshore?
- Pick n Pay (JSE code: PIK) results show the turn around is very
much working albeit the stock remains very expensive. But the
margins are still way to slim at 2% and less than half that of
Shoprite (JSE code: SHP). This has to be the focus going forward if
they have any hope of justifying the stretched valuation.
- MTN is getting money out of Iran, reportedly USD1billion and
this certainly helps with the Nigerian fine, but once again this
comes from third party sources not from the company via SENS.
- Steinhoff (JSE code: SNH) said it won’t raise its offer for
French retailer Darty and this is a good thing because in a bidding
war the only winner is the seller.
- Berkshire Hathaway is webcasting their AGM this weekend, this
Saturday 30th April 2016 at 4pm. you can view it here.
- Kristia van Heerden looks back at a year of erratic ETF buying in our
weekly ETF blog.
doing a webcast of the lazy trading system on the 12th at
Wehmeyer Ferreira from DB X-Trackers
Where to invest offshore? US, EU, UK or Japan? What of China or
maybe just the world?
We've recently covered two of the more popular ETFs from
Deutsche Bank; DBXWD
We Get Mail
- Should a home loan be considered as debt?
- What is best index to use for a benchmark?
JSE – The JSE is a registered trademark of the JSE
JSEDirect is an independent broadcast and is not endorsed or
affiliated with, nor has it been authorised, or otherwise approved
by JSE Limited. The views expressed in this programme are solely
those of the presenter, and do not necessarily reflect the views of