Now displaying: Page 1
Feb 9, 2022
- Great Sappi (JSE code: SAP) results.
- Strong Hudaco (JSE code: HDC) results.
- Top40 is trading at all-time highs, as is Resi10 and MidCap is almost there.
- Kastle back to work barometer shows office attendance in the US is still not back to levels from before the most recent pandemic wave and around 33% (on average) of pre-pandemic levels. Back in November, the average was just over 38%.
- IPO process explained.
- Ashburton ETFs have moved over to FNB.
- Meta Platforms (Nasdaq code: FB); Facebook, Instagram and WhatsApp
- Down 25% on the day of the results. Fell further and now off 43% from September 2021 highs and back at May 2020 levels.
- Market cap below US$600billion, that happens to be the number House legislators picked as the threshold for a “covered platform” in a package of competition bills aimed at Big Tech.
- Active users declined
- $10billion lost revenue due to new iOS privacy rules
- $10billion on metaverse.
- Regulatory issues.
- Meta threatens to shut down Facebook and Instagram in Europe over proposed regulations. The EU says, 'please do'.
- All said this is just one quarter, the next few quarters will tell us the true story.