- Save R500k with a deposit.
- ETF closing prices are an absolute mess.
- Cashbuild (JSE code: CSB) results see them coming back to earth after a pandemic boost.
- Education stocks all published results. ADvTECH* (JSE code: ADH) is my pick, but all showing student growth and cash generation.
- Shoprite* (JSE code: SHP) gets permission to turn their money market account into a bank account. Grindrod (JSE code: GND) currently runs the service for Shoprite and African Bank is buying Grindrod Bank.
- Walmart (NYSE code: WMT) is set to make an offer to the Massmart (JSE code: MSM) minorities for the remaining 47% at 6800c.
- Netflix (Nasdaq code: NFLX) plans to price its ad-supported plan at $7-to-$9 per month with about 4 minutes of adverts per hour.
- Purple Group* (JSE code: PPE) back at 203c, always be very careful of casing a news story (the Asia deal announced last week with very few details).
- Tsogo Sun Hotels (JSE code: TGO) changes its name on 7 September. They will become Southern Sun Limited (JSE code: SSU).
- UK inflation, Goldman Sachs now saying 22% is possible next year.
- Sun International* (JSE code: SUI) strong results. Consumers under pressure shouldn't hurt too much as they mostly target higher LSMs and they paid the first dividend (88c) since 2016. Currently, ±3200c is resistance.
Financial Action Task Force (FATF)
- Cracking down on money laundering and funding terrorism.
- Greylisting can reduce a country's capital flows by as much as 7.6%, according to an IMF working paper.
- Cabinet has approved a raft of new amendment bills but leaving it late, very late.
Our deadline is September/October after being put on the watch list last year.
The important questions;
- Will we get greylisted?
- What happens if we do?
- If greylisted, how do we get off the list?
* I hold ungeared positions.