- Renergen* (JSE code: REN) the Central Energy Fund has successfully completed their due diligence on the R1billion, final approval is still required.
- Mpact (JSE code: MPT) results.
- US jobs data and unemployment continue to belie the recession talk.
- US inflation for July was 8.5%, a good number.
- A gallon of gas has fallen below $4 in the U.S. for the first time since March.
- Credit Suisse has lowered its 2023 UK GDP forecast to -0.6% from 0.5%; expects the UK to enter a recession from Q4 2022 until Q3 2023.
- Elon Musk sold $6.9-billion (R14.5-billion) of his shares in Tesla (Nasdaq code: TSLA) – his largest sale yet – saying he may need the cash if he has to buy Twitter (NYSE code: TWTR).
Embrace the risk
- Investing is about risk
- Without risk, there is no reward
- Without risk, you are saving
- But the risk needs to be reasonable and the returns realistic
* I hold ungeared positions.