- Thungela (JSE code: TGA). Coal prices doing great, production is good but rail is the problem but HEPS is expected at 5800c. If we double for the full year we can expect ±R116 and a dividend of ±R100?
- Stor-Age* (JSE code: SSS) results are not exciting but steady.
- Omnia (JSE code: OMN) results were really strong, another special dividend and good future prospects.
- Orion Minerals (JSE code: ORN) raises money to get their Prieska up and running. Expected to take some 19 months.
- Amazon prime coming to South Africa next year. It will seriously challenge Takealot, owned by Naspers (JSE code: NPN)).
- City Lodge* (JSE code: CLH) trading update show them cash flow positive with occupancies back in profit.
* I hold ungeared positions.
Crypto in trouble
Not an inflation hedge nor a store of value. Just another risk asset. The problem is as QE ends and rates rise, will it still see a strong inflow of money? I think not.
It's not the end crypto, but new highs could be some way off.