- Episode #500. Huge thanks to all, I go into some background about the show. Where and how it started, lessons learnt and more.
- Stage 6, the Rand lost 30c.
- Sun International* (JSE code: SUI) update for five months to 31 May 2022 shows they are nearly back at pre-pandemic revenue and this while we still had some restrictions and fewer international travellers.
- Naspers (JSE code: NPN) / Prosus (JSE code: PRX) results. Tencent (Hong Kong code: 700) is 125% of profits. The other businesses are all loss-making and in tough markets. They plan to sell down Tencent and buy back Prosus shares, but the discount to NAV remains around 50%, even after a massive move on the announcement.
- Grindrod (JSE code: GND) good update and share has been flying. This remains a very cyclical business and right now the cycle is paying off.
- Invicta (JSE code: IVT) saw strong results albeit some accounting points improved them a bunch.
- JSE (JSE code: JSE) trading update is surprisingly strong with HEPS expected +24%-32% for six months ending June.
* I hold ungeared positions.