Now displaying: Page 1
Feb 3, 2022
* I hold ungeared positions.
- PGMs are on the move, most notably palladium and rhodium. But the miners are not.
- Combined Motor Holdings* (JSE code: CMH) strong trading update.
- MTN (JSE code: MTN) vs. Vodacom (JSE code: VOD) updates. Who's winning?
- Strong Astral (JSE code: ARL) update, but for the half ending March - so off low base.
- Ascendis (JSE code: ASC) looking to sell three businesses, but that won't leave much behind.
- OPEC+ agrees to a 400k barrel/day increase from March, this was the initial plan from last year.
- The local CPI basket is changing.
- Satrix is listing an India ETF, currently in IPO.
- The local prime interest rate increased 0.25% last week. This adds R152 per R1million of a bond. Not a lot, but this is the second one already and we have many more coming.
- The ARK Innovation ETF (NYSE code: ARKK) has had a tough year and at a point, in January, it was behind the Nasdaq over the life of the fund and it is trailing the Nasdaq over one and three years. That all said, they publish all their research and released their Big Ideas 2022 report which is well worth the read.