- ZAR X and 4AX exchanges are coming. But do they have any listings we care about and are we able to trade them with our current brokers.
- Kumba Iron Ore (JSE code: KIO) very impressive and cost per tonne is well down from over $40 to $29, but no dividend.
- Brait* (JSE code: BAT) shows what a mess New Look as they slice R10billion of the NAV to R8.7billion, and the UK just released best unemployment rate in 11 years but wages under pressure.
- Rand heading for R13/US$, no surprises as it one of my predictions for 2017. Question is how much stronger and as important any strengthening will not be in a straight line.
- Full list of ETFs that can be used in a tax-free account.
- Upcoming events
* Simon holds ungeared positions.
Trading tax-free accounts
In last weeks JSE Power Hour on tax-free investing Simon mentioned trading a tax-free account. This got many excited thinking about derivatives and shares, but no. The restrictions for tax-free accounts remain but Simon has ways we can still trade without gearing and enhance returns (or losses).
We Get Mail
- Honestly, it's never been easier or this cheap to bulletproof your Rand wealth through diversified products covering the globe.
- I'm heavily invested in STXIND. Obviously not happy with the performance at the moment. I would like to stay with Satrix but was thinking of selling all STXIND and buy STXRES. Good or bad plan? Perhaps go 50/50?
- Many people
- I want to buy an unlisted share, is it a good idea?
JSE – The JSE is a registered trademark of the JSE Limited.
JSEDirect is an independent broadcast and is not endorsed or affiliated with, nor has it been authorised, or otherwise approved by JSE Limited. The views expressed in this programme are solely those of the presenter, and do not necessarily reflect the views of JSE Limited.